Based on reviews posted on popular review sites, Squarespace performs very well in terms of blogging tool relative to other website builder services.
One reviewer on websitetooltester.com said Squarespace performs well on blogging tool relative to its peers. You can read the full review here. Here's a brief quote from this review:
Can be an alternative to a WordPress blog; has the usual blogging features (commenting, trackbacks) and more (geolocation tags, reblogging). If you already have a blog on WordPress, Tumblr, Posterous or Blogger, you can even import it. You can also host your own podcast on Squarespace, complete with RSS feed and iTunes tagging.
One reviewer on merchantmaverick.com said Squarespace performs well on blogging tool relative to its peers. You can read the full review here. Here's a brief quote from this review:
In general, the blog feature operates smoothly. The posting process itself is seamless, and the whole element is enhanced by integrated comment streaming. There are a few hangups, however, especially with thumbnails, which are only displayed on specific blog posts and cannot be seen from the main page. Overall, however, Squarespace’s blog is outstanding — probably the best blogging tool this side of WordPress.
One reviewer on superbwebsitebuilders.com said Squarespace performs well on blogging tool relative to its peers. You can read the full review here. Specifically, this reviewer pointed out the following:
The website builder is a good option to start a blog. The feature allows bloggers hosting their own podcasts as well as add some extra functions for maximum users’ engagement: Enable comments and trackbacks; Add geolocation tags; Enable the RSS feed; Use iTunes tagging; Reblogging and more. The platform has a blog import feature making it easy to bring your WordPress, Tumblr or any other blog to Squarespace platform.
Learn more at squarespace.com.
You can also check out the top 10 website builder services for blogging tool, or the overall best-performing website builder services on our main review grid.
Looking for Squarespace coupons? Check out the latest squarespace.com deals here. Want more reviews on Squarespace? Read a more in-depth review of Squarespace on this page.
— Knoji Staff reviewed Squarespace on December 11, 2018, Read all 2 blogging tools reviews.
Anthony Casalena founded Squarespace in 2003 in his University of Maryland dorm room, and millions of creators designed websites since its launch. Squarespace strives to empower people with creative ideas to succeed and it has done just that with its elegant website builder.
Squarespace Design Features
Your Squarespace design journey begins with one of the 70+ templates. Squarespace offers templates in the following design themes:
- Online Stores
- Art & Design
- Community & Non-Profit
- Creative Services
- Entertainment & Media
- Fashion & Beauty
- Food & Drink
- Health & Fitness
- Home & Living
- Professional Services
- Travel & Lifestyle
Each template is designed to be a starting point that allows for hundreds of customizations to make the template truly yours.
Beautiful web design aside, Squarespace is unique because it fully integrates your e-commerce store into the website so there is no need for outside plugins. Squarespace is also not a pure drag-and-drop website builder, but instead, works in product blocks.
Squarespace eCommerce Features
Squarespace has great e-commerce features for its price. Some unique features are the following:
- Integrated shopping cart: For basic and advanced plans you can get an integrated shopping cart on your website through Squarespace – not Shopify or another e-commerce website.
- Unlimited product variants for color, size, material etc.
- Unlimited products on the website
- Abandoned cart recovery: On the advanced plan you’ll get this tool that helps boost sales.
- Low transaction fees: For starter and pro plans, the payment processor fees are industry standard.
Squarespace has an integrated inventory management, or Content Management, system that helps you organize your products. Squarespace e-commerce allows the following items:
- Physical goods
- Digital goods
- Service-based product
- Gift cards
Squarespace is one of the only diverse website builders that offer service-based products. Squarespace also allows for Shipstation and Xero accounting integration for your product management needs.
Squarespace also allows for coupon creation to manage product promotions. You can share these promotions with your customers via social media, email, or website promotions.
You also have the freedom to customize shipping options in three different ways:
- Flat Rate (per order or per item)
- Weight (charge depending on weight or product)
- Real-Time Live Estimates from UPS, FedEx or USPS (only available for shipping within the US and for Advanced Plan users)
Squarespace only offers three payment channels via Stripe, Paypal, and Apple Pay. These payment gateways are still viable for international businesses, as they work with the following currencies:
- USD (US dollars)
- AUD (Australian dollars)
- CAD (Canadian dollars)
- CHF (Swiss franc)
- DKK (Danish krone)
- EUR (Euro)
- GBP (British pound)
- HKD (Hong Kong dollar)
- MXN (Mexican peso)
- NOK (Norwegian krone)
- NZD (New Zealand dollar)
- SEK (Swedish krona)
- SGD (Singapore dollar)
The number of payment channels is one of the lowest on the market in comparison with Shopify, Weebly, Wix, and BigCommerce.
Squarespace SEO and Marketing
Email is one of the best ways to keep in touch with customers and Squarespace is creating its own email marketing system to help you reach your customers. Current Squarespace members can use this tool, but not a lot of feedback has come out about it. You’re able to customize layouts and match the design to your website.
Squarespace also allows you to do the following:
- Export sales orders in CSV
- Share products on social media
- Edit your search engine descriptions for better SEO
- Connect to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
If you’re looking to connect to Google Analytics or other more favorable tools, you can, but Squarespace kind of hides them. They’re in the Analytics area of your site.
Squarespace Backend Features
When you join Squarespace and pay for a domain, you’ll get free SSL security with 2048-bit SSL encryption. If you sell products with Squarespace Commerce, your checkout page is protected by SSL to keep your customers’ credit card data safe and secure. On checkout pages, they’re Level 1 PCI compliant and use 128 bit SSL encryption. These safety features ensure that your customers will be safe on your website and trust it.
Squarespace also has its own analytics app, Squarespace Analytics. This app lets you monitor traffic trends and activity and keep tabs on sales metrics.
- Traffic Sources: measure the impact of marketing on website traffic and revenue.
- Activity Log: discover insights about website visitors, including geographical location and site path.
- Top Products: view your best-selling products by revenue
- Purchase Funnel: track conversion through every step of the funnel, from visit to purchase.
- Sales Overview: gain additional insight into your store’s sales by comparing trends of the previous period.
Squarespace Help and Support
Squarespace offers very thorough troubleshooting and support on its website. Here are the different ways you can get help from Squarespace:
- Help articles
- Email, available 24/7
- Live chat, available from 4am to 8pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday
- @SquarespaceHelp on Twitter, available 24/7
Squarespace is the more expensive option when it comes to website builders. For the price, you get an all-inclusive, beautiful experience from start to finish. Here’s what you’ll pay for with each plan:
- All the Business Plan features
- Sell Unlimited Products
- No Transaction Fees
- Mobile-Optimized Website and Checkout
- Free Custom Domain
- SSL Security
- 24/7 Support
- Powerful Commerce Metrics
- Inventory, Orders, Tax, Coupons
- Label Printing via ShipStation
- Integrated Accounting via Xero
- Checkout on Your Domain
- Customer Accounts
- Abandoned Cart Autorecovery
- Real-time Carrier Shipping
- Flexible Discounts
- Gift Cards
- Orders API
Squarespace’s most advanced plan, while more expensive than competitors’, is still $36 less than the equivalent Shopify plan. It is the same price as Weebly’s most advanced plan. The biggest difference between Weebly and Squarespace is how your site will look. Squarespace will take longer to design, but will ultimately be a better-looking website.
- The user-experience on Squarespace is excellent and feels modern and elegant.
- The full integration of your store is also a plus so you don’t have to worry about buying additional plugins.
- For more advanced plans, Squarespace is the same price or cheaper than its direct competitors.
- Squarespace only integrates with Stripe, PayPal and Apple Pay. So if you want to explore using other payment processors, this is limiting.
- Compared to sites like Wix and Weebly, Squarespace is more expensive for lower plans.
- The marketing and SEO are lacking compared to the other websites.
- You can still use platforms like Google Analytics, but it’s not as easy.
- Finally, if you want to use any external plugins, you have to add them through code injection since Squarespace doesn’t have an app store.
I’d say Squarespace is a great option for small- to medium-sized businesses. Website builders rarely have comprehensive e-commerce tools, and Squarespace has everything you need for a decent price.
— Rachel Auerbach reviewed Squarespace on August 13, 2018, Read 1 ecommerce features review.